Saturday, June 13, 2009

Darian's first Saturday!


It's been a really good and productive day! Grandma Tia arrived about 10:00am to help out today, so Rik could rest a little. She took a nap this afternoon for over an hour, so hopefully she'll be a little more rested for another long night of feedings!! Darian loves to be held...so it's tough to get much sleep. We put him in the bassinet, and he does ok for a little while, but ultimately he wants to be rocked, fed, or generally close to mommy's bare chest. My bare chest doesn't have the same affect on him, although he does enjoy the comfort of my tummy (nice and squishy...unfortunately). I ran a bunch of errands today since Tia was here to help watch (spoil) him. We (Darian and I) walked across the street to meet our neighbors the Doty's. He slept the whole time but made a good first impression. He will be attending the same daycare as their 2 kids (Brian and Ashley) in the fall after Rikki returns to work. Darian and I wrote our first song together today, entitled 'Poopy Pants'! Here's a snippet..."We like to sing, we like to dance, we go poopy in our pants. We like to laugh, we like to cry, we're the coolest...we're super fly!" It will probably be a hit! :) Darian decided to wait to pee till Tia and I changed his diaper...luckily his aim is not yet perfected and he simply soaked his blue Riverview swaddler. I received my first Father's Day card today from Great Aunt Lynnie! Thanks. Uncle Willy Bean (my best friend) and his soon to be wife Auntie Miranda sent us a beautiful vase of flowers all the way from their homestead in Abu Dhabi (UAE). Thanks guy's! Well, enough for tonight! We are going to eat some of the yummy provisions provided by the Grandma's and Marc and Jess...then hopefully get a little rest! More visitor's arriving tomorrow! I'll fill you in then.


Love,

Zach, Rikki and Darian

No comments:

Post a Comment