Monday, July 27, 2009

Been a little while...











Sorry I haven't written for several days. Things have been busy, but pretty good. I've still been working a lot, but my hours should be back to normal this week, so hopefully I will be able to get some of my own projects completed as I am falling quite far behind...and neglecting Darian's blog! I did take the day off last Friday, and we all went back to Winchester so I could see my dad and help him around the house. He's doing really well, and has managed his diet so well that he didn't have to give himself an insulin shot all weekend. Darian is proud of him and glad his grandpa Mike will be around for decades! Darian had fun hanging at Grandpa's too. Dad and Beck have about every baby gadget, so we were all set. Although, they did pull out a PINK swing for him! Funny. Dee didn't care. I mowed the yard for him, but that was about it. We just hung out by the pool and took a walk all around the big town of Saratoga! It took about 15 minutes! :) I swam some, and Rikki just dangled her legs in. Darian was pretty fussy, but Becky got him to take a good nap. It was a good day off work! Saturday we just stayed around the house and did some chores. It rained quite a bit in the morning, but turned out to be a really nice day! I was able to get the yard mowed in the evening. I took my first trip in a long time to Aldi to get some groceries. That was an experience! I didn't know you had to rent the carts...but luckily I had a quarter in the car! I knew they didn't bag groceries, so I brought my own, but failed to realize that they just scan everything at warp speed and haphazardly chuck everything into your cart. I mistakenly thought I could bag my own as she scanned! That was comical. Then I realized as I was leaving that there is a big counter by the doors where everyone bags their groceries before they head to their cars! :) I ran some more errands and headed home to spend the evening with Rik and Darian. We ended up doing quite a bit of cleaning before calling it a night! Sunday was a really fun day! Grandma Tia and Great Aunt Lynnie came over to see us. We all went to the Hamilton Town Center mall to do some shopping. We had some coupons at Gymboree, so we bought Dee some cute new clothes. Rik bought a few things for herself at NY & Company. Then Grandma and Lynnie babysat for us while mommy and I went on a little date! We went to see 'Public Enemies' at the theater! It was a really good movie. After that we all headed across to Olive Garden to grab dinner! It was a very nice weekend! Darian has been such a joy! He just keeps getting more and more adorable! He's had his really fussy moments still, but the good times out weigh those by far! Blog ya again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment